Young Rembrandts - Southwest Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
Come Draw With Us!
The Power of Drawing
Drawing is the fundamental skill of the visual arts that can - and should - be learned by all children.
Young Rembrandts teaches the drawing skills children need while developing learning skills that give children an academic advantage in the classroom.
BACK TO SCHOOL classes will be open to enrollment on August 1st!
WHO DO YOU KNOW? I am hiring drawing instructors for the new school year!
NO formal teaching experience (or teaching degree) necessary.
Visit my Become a Teacher page for details.
MARK YOUR FAMILY'S CALENDAR ...
2018/2019 Classes Will Be Announced AUGUST 1
We are super excited that we will be offering up to 7 sessions at most of our partnering schools during the 2018/2019 school year! That is 2 more sessions than last year which equals more drawing fun!
*** Online enrollment will open 4 weeks prior to every new session! ***
No drawing experience necessary! NEW students of all abilities are always welcome to join us!
- FALL 1 Session: Classes will begin after Labor Day and run through October
- FALL 2 Session: Classes will begin in November and run through December
- WINTER WONDERLAND SESSION: Classes will be offered in December at select schools and our drawings will make great gifts for the holidays!
- WINTER 1 Session: Classes will begin mid January and run through February
- WINTER 2 Session: Classes will begin in March and run through April
- SPRING Session: Classes will begin late April and run through May at select schools. We plan to focus on the art of sequential drawing ... cartooning that tells a story!
- MAY MASTERPIECES: Classes will be offered in May at select schools and our drawings will get us excited about SUMMER FUN.
YR of the Southwest Suburbs is a A PROUD MEMBER OF BRILLIANT ARTS ... a nonprofit supporting ARTS education!
WHERE do we host afterschool drawing classes?
At these partnering schools!
SIGN UP TODAY to receive YOUNG REMBRANDTS email alerts and class invitations/announcements.
Already a subscriber but your child recently transferred to a different school?
Click here to update your email profile.
WHEN and HOW did the Power of Drawing get started?
Young Rembrandts started over 30 years ago at our founder's kitchen table in Elgin, Illinois!
WATCH our story! READ what our parents are saying because we are MORE than just a 60-minute drawing class.
"WOW is all we can say. Our son was always interested in drawing but little did we know that the additional skills he is learning in your classes would improve his grades at school. Thank you for offering such a wonderful program that he truly loves!" - Oswego Mom
"MY daughter LOVES her art class with Ms Crystal at Ridge Elementary. She is excited to go each week and comes home so proud of her art work. She is doing wonderful and we have seen such a positive attitude about her art. Thank you for this program you offer. And kudos to your teacher for showing kids that art is fun." -Jen (Plainfield)
"OUR daughter has attended your after school classes at Beverly Skoff Elementary for several years and absolutely loves them! We have seen tremendous growth in her creative skills and technical ability not to mention that her self confidence has skyrocketed immensely!" -Rebecca (Plainfield/Romeoville)
"I want to say you have a great program. My daughter just LOVES being part of the classes her in Coal City at the Early Childhood Center. Thank you for it." - Bob (Coal City)
"MY daughter LOVES Young Rembrandts and has been in all the sessions this past year at Tyler." -Kelly (New Lenox)
"MY daughter enjoys Young Rembrandts so much! This is only our 2nd time but we will definitely be doing it all next year!" -Parent at Thomas Jefferson (Plainfield)
"MY daughter adores her (afterschool) drawing teacher at Oakview and I appreciate all that she's done this year!" -Lauretta (Bolingbrook)
"THIS has been an outstanding program so far. Our daughter looks forward to this so much each week! She’s been waiting to do Young Rembrandts for a long time. ART is her THING! Thank you for bringing this program (back) to Kaneland McDole Elementary!" -Jill (Montgomery)
"MY SON has been taking Young Rembrandts since kindergarten (he is now in 4th grade). He has NEVER missed a class and never came home with the same drawing. Not only does he love his weekly classes, but he also enjoys being a part of an afterschool activity where he can make new friends who enjoy drawing as much as he does!" -Theresa (Mokena)
"MY daughter LOVES to draw. That is all she does at home. She is always looking forward to your classes!" Peotone Elementary Parent
"KEAGAN LOVES your classes! He wishes he could be in his afterschool drawing club every day of the week. Thank you for offering him such a creative outlet for his passion for drawing!" -Jamie (Joliet)
"Tess - my husband and I can’t thank you enough for placing Nate on the scholarship program. It was truly very kind and generous of you to do so. Nate truly enjoyed the classes!" - New Lenox Mom
MORE About Young Rembrandts SOUTHWEST SUBURBS of Chicago
- We have been providing FUN, interactive, one-hour step-by-step drawing classes in your community for over 17 years!
- Classes take place in the safety of your child's school .
- Our program is parent funded. There is no cost to the school district AND all supplies are provided by our trained Young Rembrandts drawing instructors.
- Every week features a brand new 60-minute kid-tested kid-approved drawing lesson.
- Students will NEVER repeat a lesson even if they enroll in our classes for six consecutive years.
- We offer up to 7 sessions throughout the school year AND every session features an ART history lesson and students learn NEW art terms every week!
- Our classes can help your student achieve better grades in school because we teach them how to focus, promote self-discipline and improve their fine motor skills while they have FUN drawing with their classmates!
- Every session welcomes NEW students with ALL abilities. If your child desires one-on-one attention, give us a heads up before you enroll your child so that we can work together to ensure that your budding artist can be successful in our classes! You can reach us at 1.844.DRAW.184
READ our 14 Frequently Asked Questions, submitted by parents, just like you. FAQ
If Young Rembrandts is not at your child's school, ask your principal to contact us today! 1.844.DRAW.184
CHECK OUT our local sponsors!
Working together to keep ART in the HEARTs of all the children in our communities because without ART, the EARTH is just EH.
LOVE OUR PROGRAM? Join my teaching team! I AM HIRING!
Consider joining my team of afterschool drawing instructors.
No formal teaching - or art degree - is necessary!
NO OUT OF POCKET expenses for supplies!
Visit my BECOME A TEACHER page for all the artfully awesome details!
HOW TO CONTACT US
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL US: 1.844.DRAW.184 ... that's 1.844.372.9184
Ext 1 School Support (for principals and secretaries)
Ext 2 Parent Enrollment Support
Ext 3 Program Director to bring the power of drawing to your school
Ext 4 Technology Online Enrollment Support
Ext 0 For general questions
Sept 1 - May 31: 9AM - 4PM Monday - Friday
SUMMER HOURS: June 1 - August 31 (Voicemail checked daily)
CLOSED Government Holidays
CLOSED during Winter Break (December 21 through January 6)
Our mailing address:
P.O. Box 184
MOKENA IL 60448
ONCE you give your child the gift to discover the power of drawing, CELEBRATE their accomplishments!
Every week, ASK your child to demonstrate how they drew their weekly lesson by bringing your entire family together at your kitchen table because that is how Young Rembrandts award-winning weekly drawing classes began 30 years ago ... at our founder's kitchen table.
Thank you for your continued support of Young Rembrandts!
Tess Gutkowski, YOUR Community Program Director
Submit your enrollment support and general questions to: