Young Rembrandts - Kansas City, Kansas
Come Draw With Us!
The Power of Drawing
Drawing is the fundamental skill of the visual arts that can - and should - be learned by all children.
Young Rembrandts teaches the drawing skills children need while developing learning skills that give children an academic advantage in the classroom.
NEW WINTER LESSONS!
Winter art is ready, classrooms are being booked… are you ready to register? Young Rembrandts teaches drawing to children aged 3 ½ to 12. We intentionally teach relevant subjects to spark children’s interest and boost their memory skills. We believe EVERY child can learn to draw – and in Young Rembrandts, we’re showing them how.
If you have yet to register, there still is time!
Children need art! Why?
Because art does more than simply delight the eye and cultivate creativity. Research points to a strong correlation between involvement in the arts and achievement in the classroom. Art is powerful. Unleashing that power in young people begins with drawing, the fundamental skill of all visual arts.
Experts agree that art does more than delight the eye and cultivate creativity. Research points to a strong correlation between involvement in the arts and achievement in the classroom. Young Rembrandts has worked with more than 200,000 children, in the past 20 years, to improve their drawing skills while giving them an academic advantage that translates into higher test scores.
We are the only Art Enrichment program that teaches art, using a methodology specifically designed to improve student perception, visualization and organizational skills.
At Young Rembrandts, we teach children to draw - the fundamental skill of all visual arts - using a sequential, ordered process. As a result, students show dramatic improvement in their drawing abilities, expand their art vocabulary and art history knowledge, demonstrate patience, discipline and focus, and improve their attention to detail and sequencing skills.
DID YOU KNOW?
Young Rembrandts presents a new lesson in every single class for SIX YEARS! For example - any child can begin classes in 1st grade and not repeat a lesson through 6th grade. THAT'S A LOT OF DRAWING AND A LOT OF LEARNING!
HERE'S WHAT PARENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT YOUNG REMBRANDTS:
"My daughter loves her teacher and her art class! She looks forward to each and every session."
"My son loves his drawing class. He's very reluctant to do many extracurricular activities, but this is the only class he asks to go to."
"We love the YR program so very much! Our daughter has been taking classes since Kindergarten..."
Inclement Weather Policy:
- Young Rembrandts follows the Inclement Weather Policy of each school district.
- If school is delayed only, we WILL hold class.
- If school is canceled for the day, we WILL NOT hold class.
- If school is dismissed early for any reason, we WILL NOT hold class.
- If school-related after-school activities are canceled at any point, we WILL NOT hold class.
- There are no refunds given for classes missed due to inclement weather, however we will try to make up those classes (see below)
- Our policy is to make every effort to make-up missed classes due to inclement weather.
- Make-up days are subject to the availability of the school facility and schedule and are not always possible.
- If possible, make-up classes will be held on the same day of the week and be added to the end of the session.
- Decisions regarding make-up days are at the discretion of Young Rembrandts and will be communicated to parents/guardians as soon as information is available.
To see a list of our partnering schools and community locations, click here. Don't see your school as one of our partners? Contact Gabriela Godoy at 913.706.2337 or via email at Gabriela.Godoy@YoungRembrandts.com.